Preface: Vacation Bible School is next week at church & they are getting the kids "pumped" about it......
Story:
In the car ride home from church tonight, Jackson all of the sudden announces, "Jesus came to class tonight!" (I thought he said, "Jesus Christ came tonight"
Me: Jesus Christ came tonight??
J: No, Just Jesus came to class!
Me: Oh, what did he say?
J: I not know..... (thinking.....Then he said something i misunderstood -i thought he said he liked Jesus)
Me: You liked him?
J: No. I not like Jesus
Me: (crushed) You don't like Jesus!?
J: Well, i like him a little.... He looks funny.
Me: What did he look like?
J: (thinking) I not remember, i am thinking. He looks funny.
Me: Oh! Well, I am glad Jesus came to your class tonight & i hope you gave him a big hug & told him you loved him.
J: No, i didn't hug him- nobody hugged him. But i do love him.
Me: Oh, good.
J: Him come from far away. Jesus lives far away.
Me: Where does Jesus live?
J: Far away, i not know where.
Me: He is God's son, & he lives with him... you know where God lives.
J: No, where?
Me: In heaven of course.
J: Oh, YEAH! And that is far far away...... (thinking more)
Me: And he can see everything all at one time!
J: ANd he knows everything too. He knows everything all over this place.
Me: Yes, he does.
J: We go far far away sometimes too.... like when we go to the campsite & to Nanny's, right?
Me: Yes, that is far far away, but Heaven is even further than that!
J: Oh! Emma & Leah went far far away. Them went on an airplane & flew to Texas, right?
Me: Yes, they did.
J: Jesus lives far far away in Texas.
Me: He lives in heaven, and from Heaven he can see everything here & in Texas & everywhere.
J: Oh.....
(About this time we pulled up in the driveway from church & i got right out the car & said to Randy who met us at the driveway, "I have GOT to go in & blog a funny story before i forget what Jackson said! And then Jackson hopped out the car, ran to Randy & said, "Daddy, Jesus came to class tonight!! Randy said, "WHAT?" And you can imagine where it went from there!!)
2 comments:
The story is too funny. I enjoyed visiting you campsite through pictures. Keep up the good work.
Gdad...
I loved the story, especially since it was my son Greg who dressed up and pretended to be Jesus. (I have to admit that when he was born I was sure he was the Second Coming!) Glad it made an impression on Jackson...
Roxie
Post a Comment