Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gingerbread Houses, Preschool Style

Today I went to Jackson's preschool for a little holiday party/gingerbread decorating party. It was a lot of fun! The kids sang a little song & played handbells for us. Then we went over to the gym where it was set up all nice for our pizza dinner (jackson's absolute favorite food). After the pizza, we got to decorate gingerbread houses. It was a really cute way of doing it! They gave each parent/kid pair an empty milk carton, a small cup of icing, & a baggie of mixed candies etc. The carton was the "base" to work around with the gingerbread (aka graham crackers) so we started out with the base to the house & went from there. I think we both enjoyed ourselves, even though Jackson pretty much told ME where to put the candy, etc while he snacked on the candy. But that works for me i guess since i am such a perfectionist!

{what's gonna work.... team work!}{Working on his roof}{The finished product!}
Here is the video of the handbells with their music teacher, Ms. Ginny... once you listen a little, you can deciper the song....
It was "away in a manger."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Rachel! I didn't know you had a blog...just found it on Randi's blog. Looking at these pics I can't believe you have two kids and they are SO BIG! I still so clearly remember having lunch with you, Jessica and Amy, and you freaking out over being pregnant. I just starting to realize why old people always taking about how fast time goes...cause it's freak'n true!