Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving Road Trip

The day before thanksgiving, Rebecca & I headed out to Wilmington, carpooling with all the kids to stop by & visit with Grandaddy before the hubby's got off & headed down together. In the car, Eli HATES the sun in his face- so thankfully, Emma & Leah had a spare Dora pair. They did the trick!
We met Nanny on her lunch break where I got stung by a bee for the first time ever. It was not a fun time & it swelled up for 6 days! But we moved on & enjoyed our lunch at PTs Grille where i had not been in years! We dropped Nanny back off at work & headed back to Currie to see Grandaddy & Grandma Tee. Grandad had a birthday a few days before so we made sure we got in some birthday love (see below!). He is officially a senior citizen... 55! (Shhhhhh!!! I didn't tell!) Thanksgiving morning we finished up our cooking & headed to our annual lunch at the community center at the river. The boys always have a such a great time & get FILTHY by the end of the day to prove it.



ANd of course there was lots of eating to be done! Jackson's appetite is really decreasing as he is getting older & he is getting pickier! It is a bummer for me since he used to eat anything!He basically ate a roll, a little ham, & some green beans.

Eli on the other hand, cleared about 75% of this plate! He was still eating when Randy & I were finished even!Mmmmm.... Mmmmmmmm......Mmmmmmmm!
After lunch, we broke out the annual crafts & Eli was less than thrilled with his part in all of this, but he tolerated it with Daddy's help! And the cute little hand prints turned out great! I did crafts with ms. jenny when i was a kid too!


It was a great day & when we left Wilmington, we headed back to Raleigh to eat dinner at Mema & Grandad's. She is always so considerate & prepares something "less traditional." This year it was roast beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, & corn. And let me tell you... It was D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S! I had more than my fair share! It was so good in fact, that i have since made my very own roast beef for the first time & i was thrilled that it turned out! (Can you tell i am proud?) We hope you all had as great of a thanksgiving as we did!





















No comments: