Saturday, October 10, 2009

I think I can... I think I can....

Never have i EVER had success making a wreath.

Well, technically, that is a lie. I did make one, once, at Christmas time that only required attaching a ribbon & hot gluing 5 little gingerbread on it. Does that even count?

What i mean is, i have NEVER had success making a pretty wreath where i had to randomly place flowers or picks or anything like that to make it look nice. I have tried... but always threw in the towel. I am a perfectionist, you see. If it doesn't look JUST the way i want, then i toss it!

But, i really wanted a pretty wreath on my pretty little door to my pretty new house. It was motivating enough for me to try it one more time.
I have a friend who has a beautiful wreath on her front door & i asked her if she made it or bought it. She said she made it & quickly showed me how the flower stems were just hot glued onto a grapevine wreath. SIMPLE! "I can do this," i thought! The hardest part was finding stems that i thought would work that i A) liked, and B) could afford. Wow, artifical flowers aren't cheap! But i held out long enough and all the fall stems went on sale for 50% off. I managed to get all the supplies, including the grapevine wreath for a little less than $15. And the entire project only took me 20 minutes to do. Seriously, this was the easiest project ever. I chose fall stems that would match my front door (which is a maroon-ish color) so that i could use the wreath year round if i wanted. This is how it turned out.....
Not bad for my first time, eh? I was so excited to get it on my front door!And i have to post this picture too, because i love how the boys are peeking out the window.... they could hardly stand that i was on the other side of the door & they couldn't come out too!

No comments: