FUNNY #1:
Jackson has been working really hard at school on preparing for his Thanksgiving play & the Thanksgiving Feast.... they are learning many songs & he sings them often. It must be all they talked about at school for weeks! When it wasn't even thanksgiving yet, but it WAS spirit night at McDonald's (where proceeds from the sales go towards the elementary school...), he got in the car after school & before he even buckled... this was the very excited conversation....
J: MAMA, MAMA! Ms. Byrd, she said we could all go to McDonald's for supper!! ..... ..... But we had to ask our mom's & dad's first.... and and and.... it's for... it's for... THANKSGIVING!!
Me: (Laughing hysterically!!) Oh, Jackson, you are so cute... so confused... but so cute! (still laughing to tears....)
Eli: MAMA! It NOT funny!
Me: Oh, Eli... it really IS funny!
I got so tickled at this little conversation... mainly because i know at school they had been talking about Thanksgiving constantly & the most logical explanation for WHY we would be eating with Ms. Byrd at McDonald's (when he couldn't remember the reason....) was because it was for Thanksgiving! So funny!
FUNNY #2
I got Jackson's daily binder out of his bookbag yesterday & in it was a Thanksgiving card he had made. It had a turkey on the front & it said "I am thankful for....." Once i opened it, there was a blank line that he had to write in what he was thankful for. He wrote, "my dog." I busted out laughing.... WE DON'T HAVE A DOG. We haven't had a dog since our sweet Gracie Mae and that has been 2 years! I said, "Jackson! Why are you thankful for our dog? We don't have a dog!" And he replied. "I knew that... but i thought it would be nice to have one." Now, that's praying in faith right there!
No comments:
Post a Comment