Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine Crafts...

I found some really cute ideas for valentines day on several craft blogs that i stumbled upon. One of them was this idea....They are heart shaped crayons! The idea was to use old broken crayons to melt down but just before Christmas, i cleaned out all the broken crayons in anticipation of new ones for gifts (typical, i know!). But anyway- i just bought a box of crayons, we peeled the paper off & then i chopped the crayons up on a cutting board. Then the kids filled in a heart shaped silicone ice cube tray i bought at Target for 2.50 in the dollar spot (for a 2 pk). Since they are silicone, i knew i could bake them. After they were filled in, we just baked them at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. After they cooled completely, we took them out & voila! So cute! I mainly made these for Eli's class at preschool, but we decided to make extras for all of their bible class friends.

Eli's valentines read, "You color my World, Valentine."

And Jackson's read "Be my valentine for "crayon" out loud!"And i will tell you in case you ever want to make these- if you want a little sparkle- add a few "glitter" crayons. They add a great sparkle!

I also picked up a pair of socks for each of the kids teachers. Target now has a separate sock section over with the actual socks, that has all pairs for $1. I found some that were "valentine colors" but not actually valentines with hearts (so they can wear them year round). I just figured that this would be a nicer thing to receive other than more candy from all the kids. And then i saw online where someone had added a little note to a pair of socks that read "We make a great pair." I was immediately sold! So here are the valentines to the teachers....

No comments: