With all the fighting, bickering, whining, punching, kicking, mouthing off, etc (you get the picture) between my two boys, i sometimes wonder if they will EVER grow up to be as close as brothers should be. I always tell them, "You two need to be nice to each other. God gave you each other as brothers for a reason. You are the only brothers each other has. And one day you two will be as close as Daddy & Uncle Jeremy." Well this past week, i was in the garage working on a project (surprised?) and Jackson was sitting on the top step just outside the doorway. Eli came out, sat next to him, wrapped his arm through Jackson's, leaned his head over & said, "You my best buddy, Jackson."
Jaw. Hit. The. Floor.
I almost cried. I held back the tears & said, "Now THAT is how brothers are supposed to act. That was very sweet!"
A few days later, I was in the kitchen preparing dinner & i heard Jackson say to Eli behind me, "I love you, Eli." It was just as out of the blue & sincere as ever. I could hardly believe my ears.
Maybe there is hope.... one day the fighting will cease, right?! Oh, the joys of brothers!
No comments:
Post a Comment