Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin Fun

Halloween Weekend we headed down to Nanny's for one night to have some pumpkin carving/painting/decorating fun. This is almost an annual thing. We haven't done it EVERY year, but just about! I decided (with the urging from the group) to go ahead & let Jackson carve his this year for the first time. I was a little apprehensive, but my fears were dissapated when I quickly realized that he was doing the scooping.... but left the carving to me on his accord.He picked out a design from a napkin of all things & I was to replicate it. I did the best I could, and he was pleased, so we will call it a success!While I was carving HIS pumpkin. He started painting MINE. So he ended up with both our pumpkins!
Eli's pumpkins were a whole other story. He was painting of course, which he loves to do. So just painting on a face wasn't going to do. HE would paint a face, then cover it with another color, then paint some more & end up covering the entire pumpkin with paint. So his pumpkins ended up looking like this: (after we encouraged some googly eyes & such!)He was very proud of his pumpkins too! And i love his little "juice mustache" in this picture! He enjoyed that grape kool aid!Group shot of all the kids with all their pumpkins!
Peto helped Jackson take some pumpkin seeds & plant them. We have been watering them ever since & now have a little "sprout".


We love pumpkin carving parties at Nanny's!





No comments: