Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010: Third Stop: Grandma Evans!


Here's the heart of the matter: I look forward to Randy's Grandma's house at Christmas because of the food. Seriously. Love it. She makes the worlds best fried cornbread. And yams. And somehow she makes corn & butter beans taste better than everyone else's too. How? I don't know. She just does. I don't even like corn. But i like Grandma's corn...And did i mention pecan pie? YUM :)
Hi Grandma!This Christmas was a little sad because it was the first Christmas without Papa. But Grandma seemed to handle it well & we all made the best of it.
After dinner, Marie & I washed dishes while the men did this:
Randy & his Uncle Wayne
Now Grandma doesn't waste time. As soon as the dishes are done & put away, she always immediately says: "Well, let's get in there & get started on the presents." So we do! This was Jackson's first year playing "santa" & passing out the gifts...While Jackson passed out gifts, I took an opportunity to grab a shot of the other three of us while waiting...
Now the one thing I don't like about Christmas at Grandma's is that everyone tears into the gifts all at once. I like to see who gets what & that's hard to see when everyone goes at one time! And it's hard for a Mama to take pictures of both her kids at the same time too!

Wayne & Debbie got both the boys a big kit of Fuzzoodles!
Grandma Evans got them both a Lego kit & an outfit!

Of course, both Lego kits are already put together & being played with. My kids waste no time with Legos!! Thanks Grandma Evans for a yummy meal & the gifts! And thanks for all the Fuzzoodles Debbie- they have already been hard at work on those too!

No comments: