Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ugh...

The tummy bug passed through our house last weekend. Gratefully, it only took 1 hostage so far... (Eli!)

He was pitiful. I got to thinking & I don't think Eli has ever had this bug. But he woke up Saturday night/Sun morning about 1am crying & when I walked around the corner he cried, "Mommy, I frowd up! I frowd up, Mommy!" I then turned around & hollered for Randy, saying, "We've got VOMIT!" I am not the vomit go to person in this family. I pay my dues in plenty of areas, but vomit has never been one of them. To say it is my phobia would be an understatement. Thankfully, Eli is a pro at hitting the trash can or toilet, so other than the initial episode (when I think it caught him off guard & it was all in the hallway AND his bed), he only hit the carpet or bedding 2 other times. Regardless though, there was plenty of laundry & lysoling going on around here for days! The first day consisted of this...

Randy snuggling with him on the couch & Zack wondering what was wrong (& getting nasty looks from Randy for sniffing all in their faces while they rested!)
Day two still consisted of snuggling on the couch, but this time he had fever & just wanted to have a TV watching marathon...Thankfully, it passed within about 48 hours & other than a very low appetite, Eli is back up to normal speed again! Praise!

No comments: