Friday, February 4, 2011

My Birthday Boy!

I know that I say this with each birthday that rolls around with each child of mine... BUT, I seriously can't believe Jackson is already 7 years old. SEVEN???? Is it already time for 7?? I don't think he has ever been so excited about a birthday, either. He has been hyped up for over a week waiting for his big day, so I tried to make it special for him in little ways since his "family birthday party" isn't until this weekend.

It was a busy day too, because he had school and it was his night for basketball too. Sooo, I worked my little hiney off trying to get everything done! For breakfast, I made him a bagel with Nutella & sprinkles. It is so funny to me how simple, little things can bring a smile to his face. I love that.

I rearranged my work day just a bit so that I was able to bring cupcakes into his classroom at afternoon snack time. This was my way of sharing his day with his friends since we weren't inviting any of them to our little party. And as an added bonus, I went ahead & checked him out of school a little early. Snack was over at 3:10 & I wasn't about to go get in the carpool line right after that!

Then it was home to get started on dinner! Jackson's favorite meal is pizza, so pizza it was going to be! I had to make a pizza crust though and give it time to rise for 2 hours! Which meant dinner wasn't going to happen until after basketball. (Eli was traumatized, for real!) While the dough was rising, I started working on the cake for his party on Saturday. (More on that in a following post, but let's just say that it involved food coloring & 6 layers!) However, the pizza turned out yummy & I made him his very own pizza (in a heart shape!) while the rest of us ate slices off of a bigger pizza. His pizza also had heart shaped pepperoni's! See? I told you that it was the little things! :) He refused to let me cut it up for him, because he wanted to eat it like this:
And eat it he did! Every last morsel....
But before he finished it off, he asked me to take a picture of this last heart shaped pepperoni!
Happy Birthday to my biggest little man! I hope seven is a great year! And i hope he enjoys his party on Saturday! (Shhhh... he's getting a Wii!!)

No comments: