So, it's February, right?
And February is all about showing some love, right?
Well, I have decided that I want to show some love this month to some children that are fighting cancer. What caused this? You are wondering, I know.
I linked back to an old post from MADE (one of my daily blog check in points!), initially because I wanted to make Jackson a pillowcase made from some baseball fabric he loves and Noodlehead (another daily blogstop) had linked me there after she posted about making some pillowcases this morning. I had the original post by MADE bookmarked from months ago, but I had never considered making pillowcases for this cause I guess because the post was from way back in 2008. Then, after reading the entire post again , I realized that there was a link to ConKerr Cancer in it & I clicked on it. I wondered if the organization was still taking donations of pillowcases and if they were, where the closest drop site was. I was expecting Duke or UNC hospitals to be the drop site but if you can believe it, there is a drop site in Clayton (amongst many other places in the RDU area). From my understanding, the pillowcases dropped at these local sites will benefit Duke and UNC hospitals! Yay!
So, my goal is to make 10 pillowcases by the end of February. I will use up some of my stash & help little ones fighting that beast called Cancer. I am only telling you all this because I wanted to give you all the opportunity to do the same! If you want to help this cause, I will collect all the pillowcases & make one large drop at the end of the month. So get to sewing & contact me if you want to join in! This would be a great beginner sewing project & a simple one for those of you who are seasoned pros! Even if you can't commit to 10 pillowcases, every little 1 helps bring cheer to some child!
Here is a link to ConKerr Cancer (click HERE) if you want to check them out & read about how they have helped over 300,000 children so far and how to find your local drop site if you would rather find a site near you.
And here is the link again to MADE's pillowcase tutorial, which uses the measurements from ConKerr's site, but gives all those lovely photos of each step along the way if you are a visual learner (like me!!) Click HERE.
Now, go dust off your sewing machine!

No comments:
Post a Comment