Eli has totally begun to get imaginative with action figures. I should video him without him knowing because he drums up these really elaborate stories & changes his voice for each character! It is really fun to listen to & watch. Here he is lost in the world of transformers one morning while Jackson was at school.
{Is it scary that i actually know the names of all these transformers?? Whoa, has my life changed since having boys!!}

He also loves to read. He has always loved to read. A few of his favorites are the Llama, Llama books (especially Llama, Llama Misses Mama and Llama, Llama Mad at Mama. Sound familiar??) Anyway, he also loves I Spy books & he is really good at them! In fact, Nanny bought Jackson an I Spy game for a birthday one year & Eli totally rocks on this game. Beats Jackson every time (which Jackson hates, of course!). Since he loves these so much, I bought a set from Scholastic at the beginning of the year that had two titles: 1001 Pirate Things to Spot and 1001 Bugs to Spot. They were a hit! Check out the concentration: (and i just love to watch his feet when he reads! They constantly rub together!


Jackson has made me very proud lately with his homework. He usually grumbles with homework, but in the last couple of weeks he has been doing awesome. He hopped in the car last Monday & casually said, "Mama, I think I want to do most of my homework today." I replied, "That sounds great! That means that the rest of the week you will have more time to play outside." Of course, he already knew that because that was what i had been preaching for months! And it finally sunk in! So he got busy....

And then he entertained himself outside, right by himself until his Daddy got home from work. This is definitely an area that Jackson is so different than Eli. Because Eli doesn't like to play alone so much. He prefers company!

With the nice weather we have been having (excluding the last week of course!), it has been great to see everyone outside having a great time. I think Zack would agree!




No comments:
Post a Comment