Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We've Been Busy! Weddings & VBS, oh my!


This summer has already been flying by! We have been busy every weekend from the last weekend of June & are scheduled up through the first weekend in August! Crazy, huh?! We've been camping over a long weekend, been to Grandaddy & Grandma Tee's house for one weekend for my nephew Brian's wedding, and then VBS at church, then we threw a shower for Jen's wedding, and then this weekend we are heading out to our Beach Week until the following week. Tired, yet? I am!

Here are some pics recapping our time....

I put the camping trip & Jen's shower in separate posts, so I will start with Brian's wedding! Here are some pics from the Ceremony.... Brian & Taylor Register...

Kayla, my 14 year old (very beautiful) neice...
My grandaddy... I love his grin!

My boy, sitting in his Daddy's lap!
And of course, Grandaddy & Grandma Tee!
Then there was the reception....


Did I mention that my husband wore a tie? He did & I was crazy over him the whole time. He never wears ties except weddings & funerals. But, oh, how I wish he dressed up more often! As soon as we hit the reception, he unbuttoned the top button & loosened the tie! Wimp! LOL!

The kids were super excited over the candy bar that was an "appetizer" before the real food was served. They were in heaven!

It was a nice reception & a beautiful couple! We headed back home late that night from Wilmington, so we were pooped!

Then, 3 days later we started VBS! Hometown Nazareth!

It was a busy 3 days but the kids had a blast as usual. We took our nephew, Kaleb with us each night & I think he helped build Eli's confidence because by the 3rd night, Eli had mustered up the courage to go up in front of the group to sing the songs!

I took a lot of pictures on the last night, so here are a few that I chose to upload...
Sara Beth with her Mama & Daddy (she is just too cute not to photograph!)


Little Miss Emma Rhea!

Eli playing one of the games (that he came mighty close to winning!).
Leah with her tribe bandana on her head. She looks like Aunt Jemima!
Eli again! And let me tell you that the last night he raised his hand to say the closing prayer in front of EVERYONE! It was so sweet that I cried. He had such a precious voice up there praying to God & I was so proud!
Jackson, who really wanted me to stop taking his picture!
But I wish this one had been in focus... because I can't resist those freckles!

Digging in the rock quarry turned up some pretty stones!

I didn't sign up to help other than bring supplies this year because we just had too much going on. But once I was there, I did end up helping these gals in the dye shop... we dyed bags! So fun!

It has been an incredibly busy summer so far, but it has been worth every mile we have driven to be with everyone & participate in all we have been able to! Beach Week is up next week, so stay tuned!



No comments: