Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Family Farewell Party

This past weekend, we had 2 parties for my brother in law, Todd. He is deploying in a few weeks and we wanted to have a get together to celebrate him & give all our family & friends a chance to see him before he is gone for a year. The first party was for his family and there are a lot of us! So we rented a clubhouse & had burgers and 'dogs and a lot of laughter. Here are some pictures from this party.
The monstrosity of a cake I made! It was 6 layers high...
There was SO much food! And major props to my Dad who grilled out all the burgers & hot dogs early that morning before driving up from Wilmington!

My mama & her pretty flower in her hair! :)
My brother, Jeff and sister in law, Malissa...
Todd's mom playing with Sara Beth.
I happened to have my camera handy when my dad was sitting right by himself & dying laughing at someone else's conversation! I hope it was a good joke!
Todd, his Mema, his dad & the girls...
Todd & his Mema
My cousin Ed & his beautiful family... wife Angie & their daughters Abbi & Hannah...
You should all know who these folks are! :)
Me, my amazing mother in law & my hubster...
My mom, aunt Peto, & my cousin's new hubby, Brian!
Todd, hanging with his friends from Wilmington. The father (Jack?) was in Todd's old unit there.
Todd's family: His dad, step mom, aunt, Mema, brother & his girlfriend.
The kids!
My mom & cousin, Ed.
Grandaddy & Hattie Mae. (This was the giggle I got after I told them to act like they loved each other! )
Grandma Tee & Sara Beth...
Rebecca & Todd's cousin, Alecia...
There was such a great turnout & I know that Todd appreciated everyone's effort to come out & support him.








No comments: