Thursday, September 15, 2011

Second Year of Soccer! Go Hurricanes!

Eli decided that he wanted to play soccer again this year! I was pretty excited about this because I think he is pretty fun to watch! Something about little kids running up & down a field together kicking a ball & looking totally adorable in their shin guards & jerseys! Eli is # 7 this year & has definitely gotten a better coach than last year! He actually teaches the kids what to do - now there's an idea for a coach, huh? We actually requested this coach because he is the father of a boy, Nathan that Eli took speech with. So we have known the family for a few years. Eli was totally excited that Nathan was going to be on his team! Here is Eli getting some direction from Coach Steve before the first game.

Right off the bat at the start of the game, Eli gets the ball & heads down the field with it! Goal!

After the goal, he ran right back to Coach Steve for a high five!After a few more minutes of play, it was time to switch out with the rest of his team mates & his turn to sit on the sidelines. He wasn't so sure about that! :)Once he was back in, it was on! It is really funny to see the kids compete with one another for the ball... sometimes even those on their own team!He had the ball a LOT during this game, so I got a lot of pictures, but I will only share the ones where he kicked a goal! Yep, he kicked in another goal towards the end of the game!

I love how he is mid air in this shot (too bad that other kid is halfway covering him!) He was so proud of himself when he got that second goal! He came right over for big smiles for Mom & Dad!I had a lot of fun getting action shots with my camera. This was the first real situation I had been in to work on that. I didn't get every shot right, by any means! But at least I didn't have blur & caught the action! Gotta start somewhere! I can't wait for the rest of the soccer season! I just know Eli will have a blast! And it helps that he gets snacks at the end, right?



No comments: