Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011... The best costumes yet!



Happy Halloween to you all! We hope you all had a wonderful, chilly, day like we did. This was certainly the worst halloween in terms of weather we have ever had since kiddos. It turned rainy & nasty just in time for trick or treating! Boo!

But in terms of costumes? BEST ever!
I managed to pull off costumes that suited not only my kids personalities, but their current interests!

And this was the first year that I took on actually making their costumes... from scratch.

Jackson was Harry Potter (& the cutest one I have EVER seen, I might add)...
Eli was a viking. As in, vikings are in one of his favorite movies- How to Train Your Dragon... He played his part well!
I had a lot of help from my friend, Theresa, on Jackson's Gryffindor robe. She'll tell you that she only hemmed it, but I will tell you that she was 75% of the brains behind the how-to in terms of how to construct it! And was my cheerleader.

And he was thrilled!! He really got into character & was dancing around all evening with his wand (that Randy made him! complete with his initials, JM, since Harry's was engraved with HP)

Eli also got into character, whacking that $1 axe on everything! In case you are wondering... his "fur" is made from toilet bowl covers! lol! Got that wonderful idea from "I am Momma, Hear Me Roar!" I love blogs!
We had to convince him to wear a beard, though... which involved me demonstrating it on myself first. Oh, the things we do! But it paid off, because vikings need facial hair. They are a rough bunch. They can even train dragons, ya know!

We hope your halloween was as fun as ours!!!



No comments: