I was lucky enough to get to go on another field trip with Eli this month for preschool. This past week, we went to Smith Nursery. I had never been here before, despite the fact that it was very close to home! I had no idea it was even there! Now that I do know, I will be back! Especially during strawberry pickin' season! But I digress!
The kids got to go on a hayride across the fields before being dropped off at a "corn" maze. It was really a "millet" maze if we are getting technical, but the grains weren't so tall. This was good, because we could see the end, but still got tripped up trying to get there! It was fun, though & Eli & I ended up being the first ones to find our way out!
After the history lesson, we moved onto a few animals....
There were also several goats that were in the field with the donkey. Apparently they put goats & donkeys together because goats are skittish & scared & won't fight predators off. That's where the donkey comes in... apparently, they will stay & fight! Hee Haw!! (This is also why you see donkeys in with cows.....)
The goats posing...
I found my perfect pumpkin!

No comments:
Post a Comment