Back in mid-March, I was able to go on a field trip with Jackson's 2nd grade class. I was pretty excited because I knew that Jackson would love the museum we were going to in Downtown Raleigh- The Museum of Natural Sciences. We had been about 3 years ago & he liked it then, but now that he is older & very much so into animals/reptiles/nature- i just knew he would love it even more now.I was right! We saw a LOT of snakes!

This snake was trying its best to get a hold of a bug that was stuck in between the double pane glass.... look closely & you can see the bug...
The class got to participate in a learning class about metamorphosis vs "just grow bigger" - comparing animals that change (frogs, butterflies) & those who just grow bigger (turtle, bird, etc). It was so much fun to sit in & watch Jackson participate. He particularly liked getting to touch or look up close at the animals she was describing...Here he is checking out a HUGE bullfrog...
And he got to touch the back of a bird (i think it was a dove)...
And finally the turtle...
Lunch was a picnic outside & whoa- it was chilly out there!
Jackson & his friends, Gerardo, Hannah, Rachel, & Dru
Jackson & Gerardo (the only two I was in charge of for the day)...
This tree was 700 years old! Whoa! Jackson was impressed!
Once the field trip was over, I signed to take Jackson home with me rather than have him go back to school. And then we took a little time in the museum by ourselves. It was so nice to have one on one time with him!We saw a crab eating a fish (ack!)
Checking out the seahorse...
Jackson is just growing up & becoming more & more independent. And that is the first thing I thought when I saw this picture out of my phone.... He just looks like a big kid! :(
But I enjoy him so much... I love you buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment