Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin carving

 Last week, Rebecca invited us over to eat dinner & to carve our pumpkins for Halloween. We had gotten the pumpkins early the week before when the kids had an early release day at school...

Eli especially wanted to carve his this year. I have always had him paint vs carve but he was insistent! So I took the tops off of their pumpkins & had them get to work scooping out the "guts!"
 Actually, Uncle Todd cut the top off Jackson's because he chose a small pie pumpkin & whoa, that thing was HARD as a brick.


Eli wanted a "scary" face & after multiple sketches, he decided on this face:


Jackson settled for a pumpkin that he could cram some fake teeth into. He thought this was pretty funny. Because it was so hard to carve, we convinced him that a super hero mask would look perfect. I can't imagine how we would've gotten eye holes cut out!
For my pumpkin, I stuck with my trusted ol' motto that glitter makes everything better:

And here are the cousins, all sitting with the pumpkins! So adorable!  Thanks for having us over guys!!

No comments: