Sunday, May 16, 2010

As it turns out...

So, as it turns out, we love him. Yes, i am talking about Zack, the dog. I have to be honest & say that it hasn't been easy. I personally, wanted to kill him about a gazillion times over the last 5 months. But i have held onto a little tidbit that my friend, Randi told me. She said, "If you can make it until he is 6 months old, it will be soooo much easier. Just keep telling yourself that." Well, at the time, i was thinking, "Six MONTHS?? I can barely think 6 days at this point with this dog." But she was right.... Zack just turned 6 months old & he has become our little, or rather, BIG teddy bear. He is becoming more & more obedient, and much more willing to please us. He is protective & thinks it's his duty to let us know ANY noise he hears in the house, by barking & investigating. He loves to snuggle ...and play frisbee...
And chase (and pop!) any ball in sight!
If you say, "oops" he comes running from ANYWHERE in the house to find a crumb at your feet. And he is just funny! He thinks everything is a game... especially when the kids are involved.So despite his tendencies to swallow socks whole & regurgitate them, and his digging habits in my planters, and his incessant chasing of Lola- We love him & we think he's a keeper!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

great to hear! p.s. Our dog just recently got kicked off the bed! But we used to always have him sleep with us :)

beware of ticks...that's all I'm saying! I didn't want them on the beds!!