Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Jackson had a mother's day tea at school this year & it was super sweet. The table was all decorated with placemats made by the kids for us. And there was a vase full of 'flowers'....Each parent had a gift from their child, too.... mine was a painted butterfly magnet.(on a side note here... the morning of the tea, Jackson woke up & put a nice polo shirt on. I asked him why he was wearing a collared shirt to school & he said, "Because it's Mother's Day." Such a sweet kid!)We had yummy pound cake with strawberries & cool whip to eat.....And the kids all lined up to sing a few songs about mothers. (I would upload the video but it is pointless, since a parent brought a sibling who literally screamed through the whole thing! lovely.)And since i was there.... i went ahead & took two pictures of the girls he talks about the most from school.... Taylor...and Kaitlynd... (who he has said all year is his girlfriend!) You can't tell it in this picture, but she immediately grabbed his hand when he came over! It was so fun to see Jackson in his element with all his peers at school. I am so glad he enjoys school!

On the actual day of Mother's Day, we had a little cook-out at the park after church. Randy was sick at home with a migraine & tummy ache, so i went solo with the boys. I didn't manage to get a picture of me with the boys that day, but i did get a picture of me & Rebecca... the two "mamas"! Little Sara Beth is really starting to grow in that belly!I did get a beautiful hanging basket for my front porch from Randy & the boys....And some cards from the boys.... and let me tell you... that Eli continues to astonish me with his writing skills. Just back in February, he surprised me by writing his name independently. Then this past weekend, he was asking me how to spell "Happy" and so i told him letter, by letter what comes next. Then he asked about "mothers", then "day." This is what i saw.....If you look closely enough... it's all there! The "happy" is spelled out of order because he puts letters where he finds room, not in order, so the top line is Y-P-P-H-A" and then the second line is in order with "MOTHERS" (The R & S are a little funky) and then day is "A-D-Y". Can you believe he can write all these letters? I couldn't! I was amazed.

I am so blessed to have such sweet boys & to get to be their mother. I had no idea how my life would change once i became a mother & now my whole life revolves around these two kiddos! And i am so blessed to have such great mothers in my life. From a mother who always put us before herself no matter the situation, to a step-mother who always treated us as if we were hers all along , to the best mother-in-law a girl could ask for who treats me like a real daughter. The Lord has blessed me abundantly!

No comments: