Thursday, May 6, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

So last week we were on vacation (more on that later...) and when we returned it was teacher appreciation week at school. Whew! This not only meant that i had to do mounds of laundry & unpacking (plus working) this week, but i also had to come up with teacher gifts. And you all know me- i can't just go to the store & buy something. I want some thought in it & usually want to make it myself.
So, after searching a few blogs in my favorites, i came up with some ideas to "craft-lift!" We also made some earrings for each teacher out of supplies i already had on hand. I came up with the "design" and Jackson helped me string the "pattern". It' all about learning, right? I forgot to take a picture of the earrings, but we attached them inside a thank you card & wrote a note to each teacher. We sent those in on Wednesday. Then today, we sent in these hand sanitizer bottles that we made....Each one has a little writing on the inside talking about caring hands, loving hands, friendly hands, etc. It was a word document copied onto a transparency, then cut & rolled to place inside the bottle. We removed the labels, added a pretty coordinating ribbon & viola! For 2.54 per bottle (including all materials) i thought this turned out incredibly cute and i KNOW the teachers will use them. I saw these here and here (with a tutorial) and i have to say that mine are a tad bit more cheerful looking- bright colors make me happy!Tomorrow we are sending in these cuties...
Aren't they adorable? So simple too! This is just a square vase i found at Michael's on sale for $2.99. I had the vinyl for the lettering on the front as well as the ribbon in my scrapbooking supplies. All i had to do was add pencils @ .44 c per 8pk. Each vase has 8 pks in it so these ended up being around 6.50 each. Still not bad when i KNOW the teachers will use them. I got the idea here.... and i think hers are cuter than mine, but i used what i had, rather than searching everywhere for the right container. Next time, i will be more prepared though with the cute jar!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to diagree with you..I like your square vases better than the one you lifted this idea from. Also love the ribbon on your hand sanitizers. Thanks again for sharing your idea with me.

Meredith said...

LOVE these and cant wait to post ours that I'm doing for Mother's day!! Thank yoU!