Saturday, September 18, 2010

Zack is 10 Months Old!

My dog is 10 months old. I seriously can't believe it has been that long already! I can't believe i have survived his puppyhood that long!
I am constantly having to remind myself that Zack is still a puppy. And for a Boxer, that means I will be saying that for YEARS. Some days it's a lot of fun and if i am honest, some days it is more work than it is worth. But i have to say, the love that he gives us is totally unconditional & he is the most devoted dog i have ever owned. He guards this house better than any alarm ever could! He even raises all kinds of cain when there is an unfamiliar car in a neighbors driveway (even 4 houses down!) So he definitely makes me feel safe & secure. He LOVES the kids (because he is one, no doubt!) and is perceptive enough to "tone down" his strength when playing with them. He stays right near me anytime i am cooking, just in case any crumbs might hit the floor & if you mention the word "oops" or "biscuit", you have his undivided attention! He is a big boy though & i am starting to worry over just how big he is going to be. He is already over 60lbs & is solid muscle. But he is such a pretty boy!He loves a rawhide!He is persistent too. He wants to be friends with Lola soooo bad. She has become extremely tolerant of him given the circumstances. When he sits still, she will actually come over & rub against him & meow. But when she is lounging & he wants to play, well... that's another story all together. This is a nightly ritual at our house when Randy & I get into bed (with both our computers- we are dorks, we know).... (& excuse the mound of laundry that I needed to fold....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your Lola posts! I'm so glad to see she is soooo happy with you guys. Looks like she and Zack are coming to terms with each other too! Amy Gandy