
Is that CUTE or what?? The only problem was that the seller (& every other person on etsy) only had it in a fat quarter. I knew immediately that this was the fabric I needed to use on curtains in my bay window in the kitchen. So I was going to need about 2 yards to make the valances I had in mind. I ended up finding it on ebay of all places (you can seriously find ANYTHING on ebay!) & promptly ordered 2 yards. I had it in my hands in 3 days. And then 2 days after that....
I made these!
This is the little window above the sink..

And this is the bay window.

They really brighten up the space! I knew didn't want blinds in these windows so I opted to use a tension rod (cheap!) & make the valance fit flush within the window pane. I may go back & add a ribbon or something for flair but for now, I am happy with them just the way they are! Most of my kitchen is black, white & green, but I have a lot of red in my living room & other parts of downstairs. So this fabric did the perfect job of bringing all those colors together. Yay!
2 comments:
adorable!!!! you're making your house so awesome! good for you!
you're sewing! i knew you could do it!
Post a Comment