Friday, April 29, 2011

Not so everyday happenings...

Yesterday was an interesting day around here. When I got home from work / school pick up, I found this in my neighbors back yard (which I can see from my back window):

I had heard some commotion & discovered that Tim, our next door neighbor (Katie's dad) had gotten his truck stuck in the back of his yard. It had rained terribly yesterday & he drove his truck back there to drop some mulch. Apparently, the truck hit a slick area of wet red clay & slid sideways to the back of the yard. When I walked over to see what was going on, he was trying his best to get it out, but was really just digging a bigger hole around the tires. I told him that when Randy got home, maybe he could help pull him out. Tim assured me that he would have it out by then. So I just said, I would send him over when he got home if he wasn't out by then.

Sure enough, when Randy got home- Tim was still stuck.

Randy went over but couldn't pull him out because his own truck would have gotten stuck because of the hill & the wet conditions. But he did attempt to help. They ended up putting rock under the tires to get some traction. No go.

They ended up having to cut a tree down because the truck kept sliding down as he was trying to get out & he was wedged in between two trees. So once the tree came down, they kept working & then this happened: The trucks tail end slid backwards & the only thing that stopped it from sliding on down into the woods was a tree in the back end!


Marlene, which is Tim's wife was about to have a coronary, but Tim was positive the whole time! It was comical. We all got a laugh (later). Finally, Randy & Roger (our other neighbor) convinced him it was time to call a tow truck!

It was the entertainment of the month for our little ones!
And pretty much all of us!
We all watched as the tow truck backed into the Kegley's yard & then they had to send long chains down the hill to get the truck out....
At one point, the tow truck driver needed some help. Randy ran right over & hopped in the cab of the truck. He got to "hold his foot on the brake!" Look closely....
Tim's truck was in pretty bad shape when it emerged from the woods...
But he kept a smile on his face up to the end!!


No comments: