(all these are camera pics, so sorry for the sometimes dark, grainy quality!)
If you remember the pics of the boys from Easter, you might remember their bow ties. Well, I made them the day before with some scrap fabric. They were pretty easy, so I see more of these in my future!

Now, this next project has nothing to do with sewing, but it will lead to it... so just follow along with me for a moment! I saw some simple plaques made from 1 x 6's in an etsy shop & immediately knew I had enough materials in the garage to duplicate it. So, I worked on 3 of these over a few days for teacher appreciation week:


They were soooo easy! And the shop was selling them for $40! (Gasp!!) Well, a couple of days before sending them into the school, I realized that I made one using last years teacher assistant's name (Bennett!), instead of this years. Seriously, my brain was fried that week. I couldn't make another one because a friend had borrowed my Cricut machine (which I used for the lettering).
Hmmm, what was I going to do? I had already sent in a little something each day that week & these were for Fridays gift. I couldn't just drop the ball on the last day. (Well, I could've.... but I wouldn't!)
So, I got online & started searching for something to inspire me! I had some apple print fabric leftover from my kitchen curtains that I could use & between this tutorial, some borrowed velcro & interfacing from Rebecca, I made these!
I used the apple print as a liner on the inside...
They are supposed to be just big enough to hold keys, cell phone, wallet, etc for a teachers bag, pool bag, beach bag, etc. You know how you hate to dig around for that stuff in the bottom of a big bag- voila! This solves that problem. I added some hershey kisses & a note from myself in each one.I liked it so much that I made one out of some shark material for our pool bag this summer. I used a zipper for mine though!
A few days after all this, I got an urge at about 9pm to recover my ironing board. I HATED the fabric that covered it before & so I used the existing drawstring & velcro from underneath & traced the ironing board onto my fabric. In a little over an hour from idea to finish.... I had this:
Excuse the nasty iron & messy room. I needed to clean the room & i REALLY need to clean the iron!!
One last project to share that we made for teacher appreciation week as well... notepads from the kids art. This was a simple project that I took to the FedEx Copy store & they worked their magic. I used this tutorial from Brown Paper Packages & the teachers LOVED these the best, judging from their responses!
I will be making more of these I am sure! So that's what projects I have been up to lately! I have a few more posts with some fun pictures coming up.... So check back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment