Randy is almost ready to string up Mando #8!!
He is ready for it to be over too! This has been a tiring process this go round! This is the first mandolin he has built since being in our new house so the set up isn't nearly the same as having his own shop back at Ironwood. Add that to the month long hiatus when he had Bells Palsy & this has been quite an ordeal. He has been sprawled out over the dining room table for months rather than having his own table to work at out in the garage. I guess we know what he needs for Father's Day- his own shop! Wishful thinking, though!!
But, I am ready to have my dining room back, and I think Randy is ready to have some of his spare time back - not to mention compensation for his labor of love!
Here are a few pics I took tonight so he could email the latest progress to the customer he is building it for....
The hardest part is over- the inlay work. And yes, he cut it out by hand! He is so talented!
The scroll has also got a beautiful crest to it now as well!
The F holes....

No comments:
Post a Comment