Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Grade Awards

Jackson had his first grade awards ceremony last week at school. I am just so proud of him. He has had an excellent school year & it so ready for 2nd grade!!

He got every award except perfect attendance, which he missed by 1 measly day because of a fever. The awards included the Polenta ROCKS award, which is a good behavior/discipline award. He also got a Super Reader Award, and an award for Academic Excellence.

He has worked very hard this year & according to his teacher he is an excellent student. Yippy! I was thrilled when I got all his scores for his assessments. He is reading on a DRA level 34 (to pass 1st grade, you have to be reading on a level 16). Apparently they only measure to a 44 (which the teacher said was probably close to a end 3rd/beginning 4th grade level) so he is already reading on at least a mid-late 2nd grade level!

His math scores were also great, which just thrilled me. I don't want my kids to just excel in school- I want them to enjoy it. I always loved school so I want my kids to love it too! :)

Here are a few pics from the Awards Ceremony...And one final shot with Mrs. Ellis for the year! We love her & wish she could just move up each grade level with us!


No comments: