Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ft. Fisher Chronicles: Days 1 & 2


I have already divulged the crazy number of photos I took of our beach trip, so I am sure you are prepared for a LOT of photos!

For your sanity & mine, I am breaking them up into separate posts!

When we arrived Saturday afternoon, it ended up being around 6pm before we could unload, set up kitchen stuff, make beds, etc. So it was that late before we headed over for a quick walk on the beach...


As you can see from the above picture, we went armed with buckets for seashells. The kids were crazy over the seashells this year. We had to keep reminding them that bigger doesn't equal better! But nonetheless, we ended up with mounds (think:4 large buckets) full of hunks of shells. Some were downright hideous! I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right!?
Anyway.. back to day 1: Here is the first look at the ocean!It wasn't until Day 2 that we got to actually set up & enjoy some good play time there! We were grateful that daddies were still there because the water was a little rough (despite the green "calm" flag the lifeguards had swinging!). Some of the kids preferred the shore:
There was also a lot of wave jumping...
I was a little nervous about how the rest of the week was going to go once Randy & Todd went back home. They were only able to stay through Monday evening & I was especially wondering how the week was going to go with this guy:I knew there would be few naps worked into his schedule and I am not going to lie: He gave us this little grumpy gus attitude all week. But some days were better than others. We survived, anyway! (Or shall I say, HE survived! :) He can go from the above pose to this one in a matter of minutes: (So it's always touch and go!)Food always helps him & he asks us for a snack NON stop, even when we are at home. So at the beach, he would have been content to sit on the beach & eat all day. Luckily there is a famous little place in Carolina Beach (about a 10 minute drive from Ft. Fisher) called Britts Donuts! We made sure to work in plenty of those yummy delights throughout the week!
The next day (the guys last day), we woke up to rain. Lots of rain! We were so bummed because it was Randy & Todd's last day & we weren't able to make it to the beach before they had to head home. Boo! More on how we made the best of the next 2 and a half rain days to come....


No comments: