Monday, September 26, 2011

Supporting Our Troops

Hello, everyone! This post is going to be one of those where I ask for your help! :)

I was driving through the bank line today when I saw a posted sign advertising a drive to collect supplies to send to our troops. My mom happens to work at this same bank (obviously at a location in her town), so it hit me right then! Why not get the word out & ask others to help & I can help collect as well. So that is precisely what I plan to do!

SECU Supports the Troops 2011! If you would like to help, just browse the list below & pick up a few items for the troops. It can be as simple as a travel size toothpaste or as fun as a deck of cards or a travel size game. You might even have some extra soaps, etc hanging out under your bathroom sink! Any SECU bank is a drop site for these items, but I thought I would take a big load to them from those of you who want to help. So, if you want to donate, bring me your items by Wednesday, Oct 19th. I will be seeing my mom that weekend (yay, for the mountains!!) & I will give her the collection to take back to work with her. Sound great!?

Thanks for your support in advance! I know the troops will appreciate it too :)

PS- please know that there will be another collection at a later time that will be Todd specific... these supplies will go to troops all over.

Here is the list straight from State Employees Credit Union:

2011 • WISH LIST • 2011
for
“SECU Supports the Troops!”

All donations should be new and must be able to fit in a 10” x 10” x 5” box.
We need travel size products only to maximize the number of items we can include!
Please note: We cannot send any items in pressurized (aerosol) cans or glass containers.

Food Items

Snacks (individual packages of crackers, cookies, trail mix, protein bars, dried fruit,
nuts, beef jerky, hard candy – no chocolate that can melt)
Powdered drink mixes (small, individually sealed packages)

Toiletries

Shampoo
Deodorant
Bar soap
Lotion
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes (individual packages)
Dental floss
Disposable razors (small packs)
Moist towelettes
Sunscreen (SPF 50)
Insect repellent wipes with Deet

Medicine/First Aid

Band-aids
Antacids (small packages)
Tylenol/Advil/Aleve (small bottles/packages)

Clothing

Socks – above the ankle/crew (white or black)
Toboggans

Entertainment/Miscellaneous

Decks of cards
Travel games (small handheld size only)
Puzzle books (small handheld size only)
Post card size stationery/pens/pencils (no full-size notebooks or paper)



No comments: