
Sunday, April 8, 2012
The COOLEST egg dye project!
I found the coolest ideas this year via pinterest for dyeing easter eggs! I had to decide on just one to try which was tough! In the end though, I settled on this technique from a blog called Sandy Toes & Popsicles, that was super easy & I had all the supplies on hand (food coloring - we used Neon colors, vinegar, & oil). It was supossed to be marbled, but ours didn't marble. Instead, they were more splotchy which we ended up LOVING because we had a mixture of brown & white eggs (thanks, Peto!). This meant that our eggs resembled "dinosaur eggs!" Pretty fantastic, huh!?
I will definitely be doing these again next year! The boys had a blast & it was more of a process which made every egg look different. Much more fun than simply dunking them in a color & plopping them back in the egg crate.







Now, what shall we make with a dozen boiled eggs? Egg Salad, anyone!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment