Jackson: "You know, I like the name Lola for a cat."
Rachel: "Me, too. Did you know that I named her that because I like people names for animals? And Daddy didn't like the name Lola for a baby girl, so I used it for the cat since I liked it so much."
Jackson: "Yeah, I know all the animals have names like that."
Rachel: "Except Opie, our old cat. We named him that because Daddy liked Andy Griffith Show so much, not because it was a name for a real person."
Jackson: "I like having pets. They are fun to have."
Rachel: "They sure are! I love having pets too."
Jackson: "Yeah. Some people even have things like hamsters."
Rachel: "Well, do you want to know what my rules are on pets in the house?"
Jackson: "sure"
Rachel: "Nothing that slithers...."
Jackson: (grinning) "... like snakes."
Rachel: "Nothing that flaps its wings..."
Eli chimes in: "like birds!!"
Jackson: "OH! A bird would be so fun to have."
Rachel: "No, it wouldn't. Aunt Becca had one when we were growing up & it was obnoxious. Chirped at all hours & always woke everyone up early in the morning. No birds. And nothing that hops...."
Jackson: "like bunnies."
Rachel: "And nothing in the rodent family..... "
Jackson: (strange look on his face.... apparently the word "rodent" was foreign)
Rachel: ".... That would include hamsters, mice, gerbils.... uh huh. Not happening."
Jackson: (thinks for a moment, realizing that pretty much what we've got is all we're getting in terms of types of animals).... "I want a German Shepard!"
Rachel: "Oh, you do huh? We already have a dog & they are a lot to keep up with. I am not sure we can handle two!"
Jackson: "Yeah, I want a German Shepard." (And then in his most convincing voice...) "They are REALLY protective."
Rachel: ".........So are boxers." (Case closed.... and Jackson knew it, because he just chuckled & gave up)
.... and because it pains me to have a post without pictures, here are some of the pets!

No comments:
Post a Comment