They walked in through the door of the castle...
Then they all stood on the bleachers & sang/swayed to a song about Teddy Bears Waltzing...
But, the best part was after the song, when they all lined up with their partners & began dancing the waltz.
Melt.My.Heart.
I thought I had the tears under control.
And then he did this....
Oh.My.Word. Floodgates began all over again as soon as that twirl happened. It was the most precious thing I have ever seen.
Here is the video of it... (I added a few captions to help you find him & to know when a twirl was coming up, but they don't appear in the correct place unless you view full size, or on Youtube site!)
After the kids finished dancing, they announced that they we were to head to the dance floor because our kids were going to teach us the Waltz! What!?
Yep... Tears again, as soon as he showed me where to put my hand in his...
Here is a video that Randy took of us waltzing together... A little blurry at first, but then he gets it together!
Man, I don't think I could love this kid one iota more!
After the waltz was over, they started the Chicken Dance Song! It was so funny! No pictures of that, but don't you worry- we shook our tooshies!
Eli was very excited when it was all over, because- well, you know- he has to get a big hug in! Huggiest kid in history, that Eli!
The most handsome 2nd grader in that gym today was my little man. You didn't have any doubts, did you!?
And we had to sneak in a picture of him & Mrs. Daves. I don't think he could love a teacher more than he loves this woman. She dotes on him, loves on him, hugs him, calls him wonderful and amazing. And then she tells us how she "wants to just keep this one." I wish we could keep HER for about 4 more years!! :)
And here is the official dance partner picture. Jackson & his friend, Hannah.
And here is our family! We managed to snag someone to take our picture & everyone cooperated! Miracle in & of itself!
What fun today was! Maybe Jackson can teach me the jive next!!


1 comment:
OK, That was worth every tear!! That is the cutest thing I have EVER seen. Great job Jackson! Can I get you to show me a thing or two??
Post a Comment