Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Birthday Boy!

Our house now has a 6 year old! Eli had a birthday last month & now he thinks he is big man on campus. 
Of course, when didn't he think that?

 I wasn't even sure I was going to have a party this year. I wanted to keep it simple. But then he ramdomly said 2 weeks before his big day, that he wanted a Spiderman party. 

WHAT?! We own no spiderman movies or toys. Where did this come from?! 
But, being the mama that I am. I obliged. 
I got to work downloading a Spiderman font so that I could make some tags & such & stumbled onto some spiderman stuff in Michael's clearance section. Score! I guess it was meant to be.  So then I freezer paper stenciled a spiderman shirt for both him & Jackson for the party. Done.

But, really, this was the lowest of the low key possible. We literally had popcorn & cupcakes at the park. Period. No games, no activities. Just ate & played. But he was surrounded by his cousins to play with so all was good!


  I really can't believe how fast my kids grow up. I know that I say it with every passing year & that it is so cliche to say. But it is true. Life is so fast!
 
 Eli is playing soccer again this fall & I have to say that maybe 6 is the magic year for that! He is SERIOUS about his "game" this year. All business out on the field!

And he has scored several goals each game.  Here he is WAY ahead of everyone, kicking the ball in the net! (no goalie in this age group!) Score!

What a cutie this kid is!




No comments: