Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back to School

School is in full swing already, but I thought the grandparents especially would appreciate the annual "first day" photos! 

I can't believe Jackson is officially in 3rd grade. I remember 3rd grade vividly & I hope that Jackson has a wonderful "pivotal" year as everyone calls 3rd!

 Eli started Kindergarten! Unbelievable!! He was so excited all summer long. I don't think there was ever a kid more ready than this guy! Unfortunately though, he had to wait 2 excruciating weeks to start after Jackson because they stagger in the K kids.
 Jackson was super excited for him to start too, i think. This picture on the porch of them together on Eli's first day has already become one of my newest favorites of these 2 buddies.

One of the perks for Eli all along has been the bus. He started asking about riding the bus long before he was even out of preschool. It took me 2 years to let Jackson ride the bus, if you remember, but Eli was not wavering (in true Eli form, of course).

  He didn't even want me to take him into the school the first day! I drew the line though & told him that a mama has a right to walk her baby into the class on the first day of Kindergarten!! I compromised & let him ride the bus home that day though.... (it was the only way to avoid the teetering tantrum over it during classroom orientation!)

 Oh, so proud of himself. He felt like such a big kid!!

I wonder what I will do with my quiet days at home????

No comments: