Remember back in May when I told you all that I was training for my first 5k? Well the Color Run has come & gone & I survived!
I was a little worried that I wasn't going to be able to run the entire thing since I had been averaging about 2 miles on my twice weekly runs, if that. (Training kind of came to a halt after mom's accident- priorities tend to shift when you almost lose your mom.)
However, Rebecca stuck by my side, encouraging me to keep going & I did! Aside from a very sore knee when I finished, I felt like a warrior! Ha!
We didn't get too much color during the run, despite trying to get as close to the "powder tossers" as possible...
But after the run, there was an "after party" where they jammed music & had big color explosions every 15 minutes!
Then we were covered in color!! So fun!
They had blowers there to blow the color off as much as possible before getting into your cars. Good thing, because even with the blowers, we still carried a lot of it home! :)
Thanks, Becca for being my cheerleader! And thanks to Randy for always being proud of me, whether I ran my first 1.5 minutes or 1.5 miles!






No comments:
Post a Comment